We believe Great Design Deserves a Second Act and are proud to offer the highest quality merchandise for resale. Our policies and procedures are intended to serve our customers and consignors in good faith. All proceeds benefit Chester County Hospital
CONSIGNMENT AND RECLAIMING POLICIES (click and print) >
- The consignor receives 63% of the selling price and Chester County Hospital receives 37%. The contract period is for 4 weeks and unsold merchandise is reduced in price by 20% during last contract week. To avoid mark-down, reclaim by noon on Friday. Specific dates are on your contract.
- A yearly registration fee of $20 is required for the 2014/2015 season, which allows one consignment contract per week and is automatically deducted from the first consignment check. Consignors may contract 30 to 50 items. Depending upon availability of space and current stock, the type of items and quantity accepted change daily. A cash processing fee of $2 is required for each consignment. Only one contract in a four week period may contain up to 20 items of clothing. Each consignment will be allowed one picture, one purse and one lamp. Furniture and any item needing floor space must be reserved ahead of time. Encore reserves the right to limit the number and type of items consigned and may limit the number of items priced $5 or less.
- Express consignments are offered for 5 items or less during regular consignment hours. Please note that you may bring express consignments up to 3 times per week. Items must be valued at least $10.
- Drop-off consignments with a 50%/50% split are available by appointment only. Drop-off consignments are limited to an assortment of 25 quality items. Unacceptable items will be donated.
- All clothing must be in current style, in excellent condition, in season, dry cleaned or laundered and pressed, odor-free and on hangers. Clothing with any odor is subject to a $2 fabric spraying fee. Shoes should be unworn. Sleepwear and undergarments must be new with tags still attached. Clothing stored with mothballs will not be accepted.
- Household items must be clean and in working order. Appliances must be new and in original packaging.
- Linen policy -- to comply with PA Bedding and Upholstery regulations, we are required to sanitize all items containing fiber filling. In order to recover the cost of sanitizing supplies, we will impose a non-refundable surcharge. The surcharge will be discussed and collected during the consignment process.
- Buying and selling of goods or soliciting of any kind is not allowed on Encore property. Violations will result in loss of consigning privileges.
- Consignors must be able to transport their items into the shop. Hospital policy prohibits staff or volunteers from aassisting in carrying items.
- Holiday items will not be accepted until six weeks prior to the holiday and if not sold, must be re-claimed priorbe re-claimed prior to the holiday.
The consigning process is a collaborative effort between the consignor, Encore volunteers and the Encore staff. Your cooperation is appreciated. Any questions or concerns you may have can be brought to the attention of management at any time. We look forward to another successful year. Thank you for your support of the Kennett Square branch of the Women's Auxiliary to Chester County Hospital.
All donated items are gratefully accepted but must conform to all consignment policies. Donation forms are available
and should be completed when the donation is made. Any valuation for tax purposes is the responsibility of the donor. The form is invalid without an authorized staff signature.
Only coffee table, children's and cook books are accepted. Items containing food are not accepted. All items are consigned
at the discretion of management. Policies and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- Consignor may call the shop during the reclaim week to check on sold items. To help us assist you quickly, please have your contract in hand.
- Pick-up/reclaim of unsold items must be concluded by 2 pm any Monday through Thursday or noon on Friday, prior to reclaim date listed on the contract. No reclaiming on Saturdays. When having another person reclaim your items, the alternate must have the consignor's copy of the contract.
- When reclaiming merchandise, consignors are responsible for locating and presenting articles to the sales desk for removal of tickets and processing by clerk. Only items ticketed at $15 or higher can be marked "missing." The Encore assumes no responsibility for unlocated items or for any loss due to fire, theft or damage.
- Checks for merchandise sold will be mailed monthly. Pay-out for May and June will be combined in one check and mailed the week following the last day of the Encore year. It is the responsibility of the consignor to notify Encore if checks are not received in a timely manner. Consignment checks are valid for 60 days only. Reissued checks are subject to a $25 fee. After July 31, 2015 all checks outstanding will be considered a donation to Chester
Items NOT taken for Consignment:
Please call with any questions.
Ladies and Girls
- Bathing suits, body suits, leotards (unless new with tags)
- Shoes and boots (unless new)
- Undergarments, hosiery, pajamas, nightgowns (unless new with tags)
Men and Boys
- Men's suits and jackets, vests, or pants once part of a suit
- Underwear, pajamas (unless new with tags)
- Advertising/corporate logo items
- Books - paperbacks, microwave cookbooks, magazines, hard cover (unless for children, gardening, cooking or coffee table style)
- Cosmetics or perfumes (unless sealed)
- Decorative country items
- Exercise/sports equipment, i.e. bowling balls, ski equipment, skateboards, golf clubs, etc.
- Electric appliances (unless new and in original packaging)
- Stuffed animals, games, puzzles, audio or video tapes, CD's, etc. (unless new with tags or factory wrapped)
- Sheets/pillow cases and towels (unless new with original wrap or tags)
- Tins (unless vintage)
- All items are consigned at management's discretion. Policies and regulations are subject to change without notice.
Last Updated: 7/2/2015