The Chester County Hospital's Planning Department maintains an inventory of resources that it utilizes to assess the health and medical needs of the surrounding community. These resources include:
- Utilization patterns of The Chester County Hospital medical, surgical, physician and ancillary service sites throughout our service area community;
- Demographic profiles including age, sex, race, ethnicity, financial and education status;
- State and County health profiles;
- Inpatient and outpatient Hospital and surgical center utilization patterns throughout the County and Southeastern Pennsylvania;
- Service-area provider information including other Hospitals, outpatient and ancillary service sites (i.e. lab, X-ray, physical therapy), as well as physician practice locations.
These information resources are reviewed regularly to identify areas of change or growth in healthcare utilization patterns. Forecasting tools are used to project and quantify future demands on healthcare services based on population growth and historic and projected utilization trends.
The Hospital's Planning Department works with clinical and program leaders to develop strategies for program development based on these community needs assessments.
With the goal of providing the most efficient and coordinated network of care possible for its patients, meeting their needs has led the Hospital to reach out to its surrounding community and cement many valuable and lasting partnerships and collaborations. In some cases, these relationships are referral relationships for patient care. In others, it is the opportunity to bring meaningful health education to a wider audience.
- Chester County Health Depar tment
- Community Volunteers in Medicine
- La Comunidad Hispana/Project Salud
- ChesPenn Health Services
- Maternal Child Health Consortium
- Spanish Health Ministry
- The St. Agnes Spanish Ministry
- Catholic Social Services
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
- Chester County Prison
- Young Parents Program
- ACAC Fitness and Wellness Center
- YMCA of the Brandywine Valley
- West Chester University
- United Way of Chester County
Published: The Chester County Hospital and Health System Community Benefit Report 2011
Last Updated: 10/18/2011