Home > About The Hospital > Community Health Needs Assessment
Cancer Incidence Rates for Melanomas, Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer
KEY FINDING #3:
Cancer incidence rates for melanomas, breast cancer and prostate cancer are statistically higher in Chester County than in Pennsylvania. Cancer experts in the county believe that the higher rates are due, in part, to aggressive screening programs that detect cancers in their earlier and more treatable stages.
- Consistent with accreditation requirements of the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, TCCHHS will offer from FY2014 through FY2016:
- Free breast cancer screenings programs in conjunction with the Linda Creed Foundation
- Educational programs focused on skin safety and the importance of dermatological exams
- Educational information regarding prostate cancer and treatment options
- TCCHHS will partner with community organizations to increase screening program participation for underserved, uninsured and low-income populations.
Last Updated: 6/27/2013