We recommend that patients call us when any or all of the following occur:
- Your water breaks, or if you are unsure if your water has broken.
- You are having contractions 5 minutes apart, or less, for more than 1 hour. Labor contractions generally last more than 60 seconds from start to end.
- You can't carry on normal conversation during the contraction.
- You are experiencing heavy vaginal bleeding.
- You notice a significant change in fetal movement patterns.
These are all signs of active labor and you should call our office and plan to proceed to the hospital immediately.
But always call us if you have concerns not listed above.
Last Updated: 10/25/2013