Home > Medical Services > Women's and Children's Health > Maternity > Nursery Discharge Instructions
- Place your baby on his/her back to sleep.
- To avoid a flattening of the back of the baby';s head, try to alternate which direction the head is turned.
- Do not place baby to sleep on a waterbed, sofa, soft mattress, pillow or any other soft surface.
- Dress your baby in loose, comfortable clothing.
- Keep all soft materials out of baby';s sleeping area - Soft materials include items such as stuffed animals, pillows, bumpers and positional devices.
- Supervised belly time is important for muscle strength development.
Last Updated: 12/27/2013