Home > Medical Services > Women’s and Children’s Health > Maternity > Nursery Discharge Instructions
- Never shake your baby. It can cause injury to internal organs including the brain.
- Do not allow anyone to smoke around your baby.
- Avoid contact with people with colds, illnesses and fever blisters. Avoid taking your baby into large crowds until discussing it with your doctor.
- Car seats are required by law and should be positioned in the back seat, rear facing.
- Do not allow anyone without proper identification to enter your home to check the baby.
Last Updated: 12/27/2013