Home > Medical Services > Women’s and Children’s Health > Maternity > Postpartum Discharge Instructions
- Inquire about resuming sexual activities at your six week postpartum visit.
- Only resume sexual activities when you feel comfortable doing so.
- You may experience some discomfort at first, especially if you had an episiotomy.
- Try using a lubricant like KY-jelly or Gyne-Moistrin to help with vaginal dryness.
- Tenderness is temporary and should improve with time.
- Even if you are breastfeeding or are not having a regular menstral cycle you can become pregnant. Use birth control if you do not want to become pregnant.
Last Updated: 12/30/2013