Chester County Hospital embraces the concept of family-centered care by encouraging family support and visitation in an environment of health and safety. Our patients' wellbeing is our primary concern, and we recognize the significant impact rest has on the healing process.
Visitors are welcome 24 hours a day providing patients, their families and loved ones with the ability to develop flexible visitation plans.We ask that you review these guidelines to ensure the best possible care for our patients during their stay. Together, we will continue to provide the compassionate and quality care each patient deserves.
- The number of visitors is dependent on the needs and comfort of the patient as well as the needs and comfort of the second patient in a semi-private room. Please respect the request of the unit nursing staff if they occasionally ask you to limit the numbers of visitors or times of visitation to allow patients to rest and recuperate.
- Children under the age of 14 are welcome to visit when accompanied by and under the supervision of an adult at all times.
- We will recognize special circumstances on a case-by-case basis, and these should be discussed with the patient's Nurse, Clinical Manager or Nursing Supervisor.
- Patients may choose one visitor, who is 18 years or older, to stay overnight. In semi-private rooms, the privacy of the second patient will be considered. Overnight visitors must be modestly attired with their Hospital visitor badge displayed in plain sight at all times. Visitors must bring their own personal care items and will have access to the patient's bathroom in private rooms only.
- All doors into the building are secured at 8:00 PM. After this time, please enter and exit through the main entrance only. A Hospital-issued visitor badge may be obtained by a Hospital Security Officer.
- Visitors with cold symptoms or gastrointestinal flu symptoms are encouraged to stay home.
- Visitors are reminded to wash their hands before and after patient contact, using the restroom, and handling food.
- Specialty areas may have more restrictive visiting hours.
- Nursing staff have the ability to restrict visitation if necessary for the clinical care or adequate rest of the patient.
Visiting Hours by Department
|Medical-Surgical and Telemetry ||2:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Maternity and Nursery |
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM : Quiet Time (Only Significant other can visit Mom and Baby)
|NICU|| Inquire at Nurses Station|
|Pediatrics ||24 hours (Parents)|
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
(Visitors must be over 17 years)
|Intensive Care/CVU||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
Please note that the Chester County Hospital may on occasion need to restrict these rights. Examples of these
occasions may include but are not limited to:
- Infection control concerns
- When you are undergoing care interventions
- The condition of the patient
- Disruptive behavior on the part of the visitors
Last Updated: 12/16/2014