Cleveland Clinic & The Chester County Hospital
What does this affiliation mean?
Cleveland Clinic Staff Appointments
- Our cardiac surgeons are members of Cleveland Clinic's Consulting Staff.
Annual Assessment by Cleveland Clinic
of our Cardiac Surgery Program
- Cleveland Clinic staff conduct an annual on-site review of our entire cardiac surgery program, its personnel, policies, procedures, outcomes and facilities.
- Since our affiliation began, this annual assessment report has been an affirmation of our cardiac surgery program's excellence.
- Surgical and quality data is submitted to the Society of Thoracic Surgery and to Cleveland Clinic. Our Hospital is benchmarked with Cleveland Clinic and their other affiliate sites.
- Process improvements are initiated based on best practices.
- Cleveland Clinic reviews our protocols and compares them to Cleveland Clinic's protocols annually.
- Quarterly Quality Assurance teleconferences are held with Cleveland Clinic.
- Our surgeons can access Cleveland Clinic's world- leading cardiac surgeons for consultation on patient cases.
- Cleveland Clinic produces an Outcomes Booklet each year on the outcomes data from our cardiac and thoracic surgical programs.
- Surgical training and updates from Cleveland Clinic are provided to our staff.
- Cleveland Clinic thoracic and cardiac surgery protocols are incorporated into our protocols.
- Our staff can access Cleveland Clinic staff for information, advice, etc.
- Our team meets with Cleveland Clinic's research division, attends their annual "Research Day" and has access to Cleveland Clinic's cardiovascular surgery and cardiology research protocols.
- All Cleveland Clinic educational conferences are offered to our staff.
- Cleveland Clinic weekly educational "Grand Rounds" are provided to our clinical staff via teleconferencing.
- Nationally renowned Cleveland Clinic speakers are made available to us for presentations.
- Our surgeons attend Cleveland Clinic's Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery monthly staff meetings.
Last Updated: 1/8/2013